We give bespoke one or two day web writing workshops for writers, editors and web staff who need to understand how to prepare effective content for their websites or intranets.
Most of our training involves bespoke one or two day web writing workshops. They incorporate screen grabs from your website or intranet, and we create written exercises based on your own material. We also include an element of consultancy to help you optimise your website.
Our clients benefit from the very latest research from around the world. We show websites that have been transformed through the introduction of good web writing practice, and introduce some intriguing new ideas.
elearning and public course backup
Uniquely, clients have the reassurance that we also run public courses in London and Edinburgh and that we have an online web writing course. In this way we can provide ongoing additional training without the expense of an inhouse course.
If anyone misses the course then they can do our elearning web writing course to catch up.
'The trainers were both superb and I particularly like the way they supported their teaching with solid research findings.'
presentation, discussion and practical exercises
Each course is carefully tailored to the client's needs. Typically a course might include:
- the differences between web and print
- a discussion about what needs to be communicated and who your target readers are
- a review of why page layout and hyperlinking are an essential part of the effective web writing
- some useful practical guidelines to style text and integrate graphics into your web pages
- ideas to stimulate reader feedback and interaction
- discuss the issue of downloadable material and adapting material from print
- an appreciation of content strategy issues
- .... much more that we will be happy to outline in a detailed proposal>
quality control standards
- setting up and maintaining web communication standards
- creating a written style that becomes a recognisable voice for your organisation
- delegates receive a checklist of professional guidelines
- motivating and encouraging teamwork
Just send us an email or give us a call and will be happy to draw up a bespoke course structure along with a precise quote for your tailored course. Even though we offer more experience than our competitors our prices are very competitive.
We can include: use and design of pdfs, department-specific courses, search engine optimisation, international communication, press / media 2.0, social media, email newsletter production, handling legal material, communicating with international audiences, etc. Check out some other modules.
We also now sell course licences so that larger organisations can save money and preparation time when they roll out a web writing course internally.
If you want to attend a course yourself
check out our public course dates.